Awards & AchievementsPravasi Bharatiya Samman , the highest award instituted by the Government of India for overseas Indians. He received the award from President Pratibha Patil at the Pravasi Bahratiya Divas in Chennai on January 9, 2009.
Awards for excellence in Journalism and Community Work
- Nehru Peace Foundation
- Bahrain Society for Training and Development
- Bahrain Health and Safety Society
- Bahrain Ministry of Health
- Bahrain Mobility International
- Bahrain Disabled Sports Committee and NRI Welfare Society
- Dhikshana Award - Christian Literature Foundation
- William Carey Award - Rhema Publishers International
- United Nations Environment Programme's(UNEP) Environmental Awareness Achievement Award-2001
- Asianet Media Award for completing 25 years in Journalism in Bahrain.
- Outstanding Environmental Journalist 2005 Award, from MBM-Alam Flora, a Bahrain- UAE- Malaysian joint venture environmental management company, in co-ordination with UN Environment Programme.
- Global Chairman - World Malayalee Council
- Director- Royal Bahrain Hospital
- Director- Radio Voice Bahrain
- Director - Power Vision Television
- Director - New Indian School, Bahrain
- Board member- Bahrain India Society
- President - YMCA Bahrain
- Former Chairman - Coordination Committee of Indian Associations (CCIA), an apex body of more than 100 Indian organisations in Bahrain. Conferred Chairmanship during the golden jubilee of Indian Independence.
- Hon. Director - United Schools International (New Delhi).
- Patron – Symphony Music Club
- Life member- Bahrain Keraleeya Samajam
- Honorary Member - Indian Club, the largest expatriate club in Bahrain
- Former President - Kerala Arts and Culture Association
Career highlightsIn the course of his professional career as a journalist, he interviewed several prominent world leaders like Nelson Mandela, UN Secretary General Baan Ki Moon, former UN Secretary Generals Kofi Annan and Javier Perez De-cuellar, Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, former Indian President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, former Indian Prime Minister Narasimha Rao, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, BJP leader L K Adwani , and leaders of several Gulf States.
The highlight of his career was his first major interview with former Indian Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. It was done during the occasion of the State visit of the late Amir of Bahrain HH Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa to India in 1981.